Monday, March 18, 2013

Shedding my winter coat...

It happens every year - I diet (practically starve) and work out like a mad woman getting ready for the Mrs. Texas pageant.  Then, like clockwork, I quickly put back on any of the weight and lost.  Well, I did that and then some this year!  I've gained about 10 lbs since early December and my body isn't happy.  My "fat" jeans are snug and a food service worker in my office building commented that I'd gained some weight (who says that????).  I despise those social media pics people take of themselves in their mirrors but I went ahead and took a couple last night.  Nothing like some photographic evidence to confirm what I already knew - I need to lose a few lbs.  But I will tell you this - my scale read 138.8.  My happy weight is between 128 and 133.  So I've got some work to do.  And no, I'm not showing you the pics...

Anyway, I decided I needed to do something about it.

To get this party started right, I've decided to go on a five-day juice cleanse.  I did some searching online and came across a company called Roots Juices.  I'll be drinking six juices a day and two waters - the one I'm sipping on right now is the Detox Water.  It's basically what folks doing the Master Cleanse drink.  And let me tell you - it's awful!  No wonder people lose weight on the master cleanse - this lemon water has destroyed my appetite!

Today was day 1 - I can't believe I have not had anything to eat all day.  And this time of day (the evening) is usually the hardest part of the day for me.  I'm a snacker and get cravings - I usually have Ryan pop up some popcorn.  But not this week.

Honestly, I'm not that hungry right now.  I need to go down another juice but I feel... well... full.  I hear day 2 can be pretty tough.  We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow...


No comments: