Friday, November 15, 2013

Women That Soar Awards
















Photo Credit: Danny Campbell

Last Saturday, I was honored to receive the Leadership Award presented by Gina Grant and her amazing organization - Women That Soar - at their annual awards gala.  I can't tell you how honored I am to be recognized by WTS.  Woman That Soar was created to empower and inspire women spiritually, financially, mentally and physically.  WTS believes that if women share their stories of trials, tribulations and triumphs, we can encourage one another to overcome our obstacles.  Apparently they thought my story could inspire others dealing with autism among other things in their lives.

It was a great night.  My friend and Football Wives castmate Melani Ismail presented my award.  Actress Regina King was one of the hosts and some of my favorite artists performed - Wess Morgan, Kenny Lattimore and Michelle Williams (formerly of Destiny's Child).  And I've got to give a shout out to my friends at Watters who let me borrow that one-of-a-kind gown.  It was a great night - one I won't forget.

 Me and Angie Blade
 With Eric Annise and LeeAnne Locken
 With Melani Ismail
 With David Lopez of Watters
 Michelle Williams
 Accepting my award
 With Tamera Nalls
 The Fabulous Victoria Snee
 Red carpet ready!
With the fabulous Naila Malik





The afterparty - LeeAnne, Courtney Kerr and Cheryl Roseborough

No comments: