Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Week-And-A-Half's Worth of The Broadcast!

I'm busy... so busy that I forget to blog sometimes.  Or, I remember but by the time I get home in the evening, I'm just too tired to fire up the computer and tell you how awesome (or not) my day.  So here goes the recap of my latest stint on The Broadcast.

A couple weeks right after I got back from Super Bowl festivities in NYC, I filled in for co-host Courtney Kerr who made her way to the big apple for NYFW.  The most notable part of that week was the snow in Dallas one day.  Here's a "snelfie" I took before the show that morning (get it - a snow selfie)...






















I slipped on some ice that day and tweaked my back.  I spent the rest of the week on pain mains while trying to function.  That was tough, but I managed.  Thanks to Macy's for outfitting the cast that week.






















On Friday the 7th, we all wore red for women's heart disease awareness day.  This is an issue near and dear to my heart.  I've said it before - I see a cardiologist once a year because heart disease runs in my family.  I'm glad we represented that day!  A show highlight - I got to interview Kiefer Sutherland about his new movie Pompeii.  WINNING!  And my co-host Lisa Piniero and I noshed on one of our favorite heart-healthy snacks.  If you haven't tried the truffle salt Live Love Pop popcorn, you're missing out!


  




















This past week was my regular week on the show so Suzie Humphreys was out of town.  And with Courtney still in New York for fashion week, we filled her chair with guest hosts the rest of the week.  Let me tell you - we had a blast.  It was probably one of the best weeks of the show.  Had to start each day with a morning cup o' joe, but the guest hosts made getting up early every day so worth it!  






















First up was my boy Jackson of Fluent Dallas.  You'll recognize Jackson as one of our Weekend Insiders on the show.  He was a natural hosting and so much fun!  Make sure you check out his concierge service at www.fluentdallas.com.






















Even though it was cold and drizzly that morning, a true highlight was getting to play in this bad boy.  We did a segment on the upcoming Dallas Auto Show and they brought this Rolls Royce and a Maserati out for us to preview.  The Rolls was amazing.  There are lights on the ceiling that look like stars.  And the umbrella in the body of the car came in handy.  Of course, this car is a little bit out of my price range - it costs nearly as much as my house!






















And Tuesday's show, well... it was one of the BEST EVER!  Comedian Paul Varghese was our guest co-host and he was an absolute hoot!  We started the show with an interview with NFL Hall of Famer Michael Irvin.  He was really happy with the interview and told me I did I great job.  Sweet!  Then the show just got better.  We played a trivia game with the Chippendales hunks.  Yeah, tough day at the office...
























On Wednesday's show, one of our favorite chef's hosted with his.  If you don't know Tre Wilcox, you're missing out.  I've known Tre for a while - I was a fan when he was on Top Chef, so when he opened up a restaurant right here in Dallas a couple of years ago, I was there!  Tre now does private cooking classes - I can't wait to get in on one of those.  His laugh is infectious and he was so much fun!  He was all ready for us to demonstrate that couples yoga move below.  I was in that dress and having none of it!  Unfortunately, he didn't cook for us since he was in host-mode.























We finished out the week with one of my favorite morning DJs - DeDe Maguire from K104.  And on Friday, singer Sara Hickman filled in.























I hope you're tuning into the show.  We are Monday - Friday from 9-11am and 4-6pm on KTXD in Texas.  During the show, you can also livestream us on the web at www.thebroadcasttv.com.  You can also check out clips from the segments on the website.  I'm so glad it's my off week - lots of legal work to catch up on and pageant prep to get into (oh yeah - that bad boy is in like TWO MONTHS).

No comments: