Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Super Bowl - a recap!

Goodness - I know this is about a week overdue, but it's taken me that long to recover from a fabulous trip to NYC for Super Bowl weekend.  I know there is a bunch of back and forth about the fact that the game was actually played in New Jersey, but I never actually stepped foot in that state, so my recap is all about NYC!






















After I smooth first-class flight to the big apple on American, I checked into my hotel - The Sanctuary.  Listen - I can't say enough good things about this hotel.  It was amazing.  The room was actually spacious for the Times Square area - there was plenty of room to navigate without feeling claustrophobic.  And what really made the hotel top-notch was the concierge service.  If we needed anything, they got it done.  It was a nice treat.























I waited anxiously for my sister Andrea to arrive from California.  Once she did, we hit the ground running! 

















First up after a bite to eat, I went over to Saks Fifth Avenue for a fashion show fitting and reception.  


















Then I was off to work the catwalk for Alyssa Milano's Touch by Alyssa Milano fashion line.  It was fun bumping into my friend and fellow supermodel Julie Dorenbos at the show styled by my friend Renee Reese.

























I don't know how we managed it, but Andrea and I made our way over to the EA Sports party after the fashion show.  This party was a blast.  Old school faves like Busta Rhymes performed.  We were apparently having too much fun at the party - I forgot to take pics!

On Friday, we were up early to head to Saks for the Off the Field Players' Wives Association fashion show.  I had the honor of co-hosting the event with retired NFLer Chester Pitts.  My buddy Pat Smith was honored with an Impact Award for all the amazing things she does for women and children.  And a highlight of the morning was when Gayle King (yes, Oprah's BFF) came up to me after the show and told me I'd done a great job.  WOO!  Hope I get to host again next year in Arizona!


















































Supermom Holly Robinson Peete attended the fashion show with her son RJ.  I hadn't seen RJ since he was a baby!  For so many reasons, seeing him brought me to tears.  Then, when I ran into my friends Staci and Linda, I really lost it.  Their husbands were coaches in Buffalo when Ryan was on the team.  Now the guys coach in Denver - I was really hoping (for them) that the Seahawks would win (we all know how that turned out).























After the show, Andrea and I raced over to radio row - I had an interview scheduled with the NFL for their Women's Initiative.  Radio row is a trip - saw lots of old friends in the media.  It's always good to catch up.  There was also a press conference being held for Kevin Costner's new movie, "Draft Day."  Then we ran into Jesse Jackson on our way out.




















After a quick dinner and some rest, we headed to the ESPN Party - Robin Thicke was the featured performer.  And I ran into Kellan Lutz!  I'm a Twihard and I also got to interview Kellan via satellite for The Broadcast a couple weeks ago.  It was great to meet him in person.










































The next day I did what I do - I volunteered.  Although I desperately needed some sleep, I made my way to Yankee Stadium for the Garth Brooks-Justin Tuck ProCamp.  Y'all know I love me some Garth Brooks and I always do what I can to support him and Teammates for Kids.  It was an awesome way to spend the afternoon.






















On my last night in NYC, we tried desperately to get into the Directv party but no luck.  We were standing there and watched Donovan McNabb get turned away!!!  If he couldn't get in, we knew we were screwed.  So we made our way over to Jay Z's 40/40 club and danced the night away!






















NYC did not disappoint.  Lucky for me, I got out of the city Sunday morning - a snow storm stranded folks in the big apple the following day.  But good times, great memories.  Looking forward to Arizona next year!




No comments: