Thursday, July 31, 2014

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

If you're a mom or dad of young kids, you've undoubtedly seen the movie Frozen 900 times and can sing all of the songs because you know them by heart. We're pretty Frozen-obsessed in this house, so when planning Bryn's birthday party back in May, picking the party's theme was a no-brainer. 

I've figured out a pretty great formula for a kid's birthday party - set up a movie screen and bounce house in the backyard, provide popcorn and movie snacks for the kiddos and don't forget the beer and frozen margaritas for the adults. Alcohol at a kid's birthday party? Oh, you bet. It seems to be the one thing that makes parents stick around (vs. them dropping off the kids and using the party as two hours worth of free babysitting). The formula worked again this year and the party was a HUGE success.

































Whenever I host a birthday party for the kids, candy bars are my party favor of choice.  I always try to color coordinate the candy with the theme. Most of the candy comes from Candy Warehouse. If I need to supplement, I'll purchase from Oriental Trading. I even picked up a couple of things are Party City - they sell single color candy now. Candy Warehouse is my go-to website though because you can search candies by color - it makes coordinating a lot easier.























I was pretty impressed with my spread. The kids loved it too - especially Bryn.  Seeing her smiling face while everyone was singing "Happy Birthday" made all the running around worth it.
















After searching EXTENSIVELY for a reasonably priced Elsa birthday cake, I was referred to Well Frost My Cakes in Wylie, TX. The cake was AMAZING! It was as good as it is cute - a real hit with all of the kids (and adults)!


















After chowing down on cake and sno cones from Bahama Bucks, it was movie time. And whatever you do, don't forget glowsticks!!!


No comments: