Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What Happened On My Last Day "Off"

Today was supposed to be a day "off." With Suzie Humphreys leaving The Broadcast at the end of the week, I'll be taking over daily duties at the host table.  Today was my last day to sleep in on a weekday. Thank goodness I got the call yesterday that a couple of the hosts were going to be out and I needed to fill in.

The show started out with one of my FAVORITE barbecue spots in Dallas - Off the Bone. This cute, family-owned spot is on Lamar Street downtime. The ribs are to die for - they literally fall off the bone. I devoured four of them this morning - two live on the air.






















We had some serious star power in the room during our second hour of the show.  You remember Bo Duke (aka John Schneider) from the Dukes of Hazzard right?  He was live, in studio today.  What a fun, personable gent.  We chatted about tonight's season finale of Tyler Perry's The Haves and the Have Nots and about John's new studios in Louisiana. He even took the time to pose with some fans that congregated outside. 


















And I've mentioned before that I'm a major Twihard! Ali Faulkner from Twilight: Breaking Dawn was in studio. Gotta love a hometown girl who makes it in the big leagues.






















My dress today is from Banana Republic at Galleria Dallas - you can find the link here.  And shout out to jeweler Bobby Schandra who hooked me up with a fabulous pair of studs. Food, superstars and jewelry all in one show?  It doesn't get better than that.

No comments: