Friday, August 1, 2014

It's Time For Saying Goodbye...

When it comes to goodbyes, two songs come to mind. The first is "Saying Goodbye" from The Muppets Take Manhattan. The second is "Hard Candy Christmas" from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (I know). Both songs floated around in my head today as we said "goodbye" to our fellow Broadcast co-host Suzie Humphreys. 

Suzie is an institution in Dallas - from her early days at KVIL to her motivational cross-country speaking engagements, everyone I've encountered lights up when I mention the name "Suzie Humphreys." Suzie and I have been rotating hosting duties for several months now so we often missed each other at the table. Fortunately, there has been plenty opportunity for us to get to know each other, and while we haven't always seen eye-to-eye on issues, I've got the utmost respect and admiration for this incredible woman. Her presence on The Broadcast will certainly be missed.


Photo credits: Amy Kushnir

No comments: