Thursday, October 23, 2014

Dear White People...

Quite the title, isn't it? I got an email a couple of weeks ago inviting me to attend a screening for this movie called "Dear White People." The title caught my attention but after I read the synopsis, I had to see the movie. Here's the movie in a nutshell:

"The lives of four black students at an Ivy League college converge after controversy breaks out due to the ill-conceived theme of the campus humor magazine's annual Halloween party."

The movie is a smart and fun satirical look at our "post-racial" society within the confines of an institution of higher learning. I loved the movie - it's been a while since I laughed so hard watching a film. 

The movie's director Justin Simien stopped by The Broadcast today to chat about the movie. This young man is the real deal. The movie won an award at Sundance and Justin was featured in Variety Magazine as one of the top 10 directors to watch. The interview will air tomorrow - don't miss it!



No comments: