Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Surreal Life

Monday morning. 8:30 a.m. Production meeting for The Broadcast. Our executive producer runs through the run down of the show. Texas singer Taylor Phelan who is a current contestant on NBC's The Voice is joining us in studio. He's our third guest from The Voice - fellow Texas crooners Reagan James and Luke Wade have already been on the show. I'm excited to meet him.

























I'm informed I've got a couple of pre-tapes. Our show airs live from 10-11 CST. We conduct satellite interviews with folks all over the country either before or after the show, then those interviews are during the show or on a later date. I learned I'd be interviewing actor Jay Harrington about his new legal dramedy on USA called Benched. Then, very nonchalantly like it's absolutely no big deal, my producer tells me I'll be interviewing Shirley MacLaine. YES, THAT SHIRLEY MACLAINE! Having grown up with movies like Terms of Endearment and Steel Magnolias, I have to say, I'm a fan. The Benched interview aired yesterday. My interview with Ms. MacLaine was supposed to air today.

Well, we had to bump Ms. MacLaine on today's show because Dallas Mavericks GM Donnie Nelson stopped by to talk about the Mavs' season opener tonight against the San Antonio Spurs. My buddy and former Dallas Cowboy Marcus Spears was guest co-hosting today, so I was already giddy that we got to talk sports on the show. Two segments... two incredible sports figures... sitting there in studio on our couch chit-chatting about sports. Man, I was happy. It was a good day. Check out my Youtube channel here to see today's clips.





Today's show was followed by Take Charge Parenting. I have to say, I think it was our best episode yet! You can check it out here. We talked about the flu, Halloween safety, and what to do if your child is having behavioral issues. This show is such an incredible resource. I get all of my mommy questions answered - it's great! 

























One last thing... with it being Halloween week and all, we've had a special guest in studio. His name is Glenn. Keep an eye out for him on the show this week!



No comments: