Sunday, October 26, 2014

What a Week!

I know I've mentioned before how much I love my job. Every week on The Broadcast, we have incredible guests - people who I've followed on social media and greatly admire end up sitting across from me on the couch. I'm so blessed to do what I love and meet incredible people along the way. Last week was no exception. You can click here to see all of last week's clips on Youtube.

Monday was a bit chill - a great way to start off the work week if you ask me! I had a chance to sit down with our executive producer and talk about the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night walk coming up soon. And I was really excited to learn about Power Swabs tooth whitening system. I have really sensitive teeth so tooth whitening has been out of the question - I'm excited to try this system!

Tootsie's in the Plaza at Preston Center dressed us last week - I started out the week in one of my faves... Trina Turk.

























Tuesday was kind of epic! Flashback to June - we had a relatively unknown group called Echosmith on the show. Their song "Cool Kids" was quickly climbing the music charts. Since their visit, they've exploded! About a week from now their song will be certified platinum. They came back to visit Tuesday and we had so much fun. 

I was so excited about Echosmith that morning that I forgot my dress at home. Fortunately for me, my night in shining armor braved the tollway rush hour traffic to bring me my Trina Turk dress for the day. So I looked good while chatting it up with the band, doing my other segments including one with the Dallas Zoo, and broadcasting another episode of Take Charge Parenting. I mean it - Tuesday was indeed EPIC!




























On Wednesday, singing duo Jackopierce stopped by to introduce us to their new wine... my red Black Halo dress was the perfect outfit for some wine tasting! Another highlight - an interview I did with one of my favorite actresses ever - Jessica Chastain - aired. 


























Thursday was pretty awesome too. I played with a tarantula, talked about how to beat holiday stress AND interviewed one of the hottest up-and-coming movie directors! I had a chance to screen the movie Dear White People a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. Director Justin Simien and I sat down after the show to post-tape an interview about the movie that aired Friday. You have to go see this movie! It's an incredibly funny satirical look at race relations on a post-racial college campus. The movie reminded me a lot of School Daze back in the day.

The dress? Diane von Furstenberg of course! 


























Then Friday happened... and it couldn't be outdone by the rest of the week. We started the show chatting with country crooner Charlie Worsham. My guest co-host Jolene Devito and I then sat down with the dynamic Sophia A. Nelson to talk about her new book The Woman Code. I've followed Sophia on Twitter for a while now - it was great to meet her in person. After the show, we post-taped an interview with our friends from SeaWorld San Antonio. I can't imagine a better way to wrap up an awesome week on the Broadcast! 

The dress... THEORY! Probably my favorite look of the week but they were all so awesome.




No comments: