Friday, March 13, 2015

Well... shoot.

I'm one of those people who believes that life is made up of chapters - each one making up the story that we'll be remembered by. The story is only interesting if there are ups and downs... the good and the bad. Well... another chapter of my story came to an end today.

We were informed after our show that today would be the last live broadcast on KTXD. Shock and sadness were my initial reaction. I mean seriously... it's been a helluva trying week. But as I drove home in the rain, I felt grateful... grateful for being able to do what I love for over a year; grateful to have met so many people and experienced so many amazing things; grateful to have worked with an incredible production crew; grateful to have been home in the afternoons to spend time with my family... the list goes on and on and on.

I've been ask what I've got planned next... not much at this point. I'll head home next week for granny's funeral. I plan on taking a couple of good weeks off to breathe, maybe do a little pageant prep. Then there's the actual book I promised I'd write in 2015 - gotta check that off the list before I venture back into the workplace. But I know something good is coming... there's always a rainbow after a storm.

After our last episode of The Broadcast
































































No comments: