Thursday, July 16, 2015

Oh Baby! Mrs. Texas is Having a Little Princess!


























I've thrown some pretty epic pageant watch parties over the years. Miss America, Miss USA and Miss Universe all give me great excuses to get my pageant sisters and friends together for good times. So when I found out my dear friend Whitney Beseda a.k.a. Mrs. Texas 2014 was expecting a baby, I figured a watch party/baby shower was in order.

I absolutely love entertaining and throwing parties. Finding the perfect decorations to fit the theme give me a little high. Planning for Whitney's shower was super fun because I got to shop for anything and everything involving princesses, tiaras and crowns. The party-by-Pinterest based on these goodies was beautiful. 

Decorations... check! 

I found these adorable decorations at IKEA.


I hand glittered the rubber ducky - a little spray adhesive, lots of glitter.


















Food... check! The semi-potluck menu included some goodies: chocolate fondue, regular and cotton candy popcorn, sopapilla cheesecake, cheese and crackers, yummy dips, crown-shaped watermelon slices and a delicious chocolate cake.



























Drinks... check! Infused waters, Prosecco and Rose (12 bottles of booze on the counter...) kept all of the guests quenched. There was even cotton candy to put in your drinks if they weren't sweet enough. Don't worry - we provided the guest of honor with sparkling cider.


















Entertainment... check! We played the usual baby shower games... guess the number of safety pins in a jar; word scramble; and baby price is right. But the big competition of the night was predicting the Miss USA top 5 (and in the proper order). We had a clear winner - Melba had 3 out of the 5 correct. I had... none. There were prizes for all of the winners!


















I'd also painstakingly set up a fun photo area for my fellow pageant sisters... none of whom every really shy away from a photo opp. I loved gathering props for this! 



















And of course, there were presents. Lots of adorable, cute presents. That's what showers are for!




























It was a great night... good food, good fun, good friends. And a new Miss USA that maybe 2 people in the room anticipated going into final interviews. Looking forward to the next big pageant party!


Former and current Mrs. Texas contestants and our director Tracy.

Former and current Mrs. Texas queens, and Michelle Evans - Mrs. America.





No comments: