Monday, September 28, 2015

What a Weekend

What a weekend! I still haven't recovered. Ryan and I hung out at the Hotel Intercontinental with other autism parents, practitioners, doctors, presenters and businesses that support Generation Rescue and it's Autism Education Summit. Ryan spent Friday evening bonding with autism dads - it was a first-of-its-kind forum where the dads could relax, drink beer, and talk about their unique struggles on this journey we call autism.

Saturday, Ryan and I were on the celebrity keynote panel with Jenny McCarthy, Jacqueline Laurita and her husband Chris, Jodi Gomes and Ryan Blair. Hopefully we inspired the packed ballroom with words of hope.

We had a great time that evening at a wonderful VIP party hosted by Jenny and her cutie pie husband Donnie Wahlberg. They raised a ton of money for the foundation that will benefit families trying to recover their kids from autism.

But the highlight of that night... a young lady who decided to hit on my husband while I was standing right next to him. That hasn't really happened since his playing days. The trick asked Ryan if he still played ball and when he said no, she grabbed his arm and remarked that he was still built. Good thing I was in pseudo-shock. All hell may have broken loose.

But such a wonderful, fun, memorable weekend. I can't wait until next year!







No comments: