Thursday, December 31, 2015

Everything Happens for a Reason... Even 2015

This year kind of sucked.

In March, the matriarch of my family died. I think about Granny just about every day. I miss her. Within a week of her death, The Broadcast was cancelled. Talk about a bummer. I loved that job and I hated to see it end. The week after that, I was still mourning the loss of my job and my income while laying Granny to rest. March super sucked.


























Then in June, I started having those familiar hyperthyroidism symptoms - fatigue, hair loss, heart palpitations, insomnia. I knew it was back. CRAP! I'm confident that all of the stress I'd dealt with earlier in the year triggered it. Then I had my hysterectomy in October. Between surgery and my thyroid being all out of whack, I still don't feel like me. I'm tired of being tired. I'm so over it.

But there were so many amazing things that happened this year. We continue to be blessed by our fellow warriors in the autism community. We continue to be inspired by everything organizations like Generation Rescue, KultureCity and the Autism Treatment Center are doing to make our lives better.

I worked a lot this year. From hosting the FC Dallas pregame show and web segments for CultureMap to working on several other projects including commercials and industrials, it was a good year.

I'm finally ready to get back to work and I've decided to open a solo practice focusing on special education advocacy. Creating the practice will be my number one goal for 2016. I've missed work. I've missed helping people. I'm ready to jump back in the saddle.

I hope that 2016 brings me better health. I'll start by following the Myers Plan and making some major life changes when it comes to food. I'll blog about my journey - I'm a sugar addict and a major Pepsi-holic. It will be hard to give up gluten and cheese (I love cheese) but hopefully my health will improve when I do.

I'll be competing in Mrs. Texas again in 2016. My 8th go-round. I wasn't thrilled with my top ten finish last year, so I'm hoping for a better outcome this time around.

I don't know about you... but I'm over 2015. Bring on the new year.

And I'll write about the Myers Plan tomorrow. I'm certain it's what will get me back on the road towards good health.

Happy New Year Everyone! Make 2016 spectacular!

No comments: